Putting your best foot forward (marketing and clarity of vision)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Putting your best foot forward (marketing and clarity of vision)

Hey guys,
      Long time no talk, sorry about that. I just wanted to say congrats on attaining your well earned greenlit status. I am beyond thrilled to get my hands on this, even moreso, I'm excited to play this game with my friends. To that end, I've been talking to all my friends about this game when I get the chance, however very few of them are getting any kind of 'hype' going from the material provided on Steam (even though I got them to vote for it) and on various social media. I'm not saying this to be a jerk, quite the contrary, I want this game (and all of you along with it) to succeed blindingly. Now I'm not an expert in this field (I'm a loan officer by trade) but I work with a team of marketers and I bent a few of their ears for what I hope would be your benefit. They've surmised the following;

• Art assets in regards to banners don't show any inclination as to what the game (they used the word product, but it sounds so corporate) has available or tone.
      • Concept art featuring terrain, to them, feels more expressive and garners a feeling of exploration
      • Very little is being communicated in regards to why a consumer would want to pick this game over various other ones, and needs to showcase a unique feature
      Only one of the people in marketing is an avid gamer and the points Tom brought up is that the player character looks too dull and featureless and "not quite right, just before the dip into the uncanny valley, it's almost like an Unreal engine store asset man being used in a world that makes him look jarringly out of place."

Again, not trying to sound like an ass. While I may have rose tinted glasses for this game, I know it could use some help and I just want to help get it to where it needs to be. I figured showing it off to some randos would help me tack down some general ideas in terms of getting Stone Rage the popularity it deserves
    • Hey cutsman thank you so much for that feedback. I really appreciate the work you put in to put this together.

First off, I want to obviously thank you for spreading the word and getting people to vote for us, you are a prime reason we are going to get the opportunity to show everyone what we are working on.

Secondly, on those three points you've mentioned, I'll make sure everyone on the team takes a look and we'll try to figure out how we can change that.

Marketing is going to be a big task for us now so if you have suggestions we would love to hear them.

Thanks again!
      Stone Rage Public Relations and Community Manager