Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 41.

• Agreed on the hunting thing. That stuff is all working, tested, played etc - it's just a matter of getting a good video made. A lot of it is logistics - do we fake it by placing animals nearby, or do we force you to wait 20+ minutes while we search out one of the creatures in the map? If we go with a realistic search, how do we go about making that into a fun video? These are the questions we're trying to answer before we give you a video that might just seem like a "jogging simulator". It's als…

• no turrents please

GoreMaster - - Feedback & Ideas

Beitrag

Just playing devil's advocate here. You COULD still build a sentry tower and have a tribe assemble multiple archers at the top. This would functionally be similar to a turret. This would of course require the players inside to actually be online, aiming their bows, and using up their precious arrows....

• Rabbit Holes and Giganto Biomes

GoreMaster - - Q & A

Beitrag

Zitat von Gojiratheking106: „Wasn't there a jungle biome? “ A good deal of coastal areas fit this description actually. As you head inland from the beaches things get very jungle-oriented.

• First Sabertooth Ambush!

GoreMaster - - General Discussion

Beitrag

We didn't get any video of the incident, but he could have done just that. He does have a leap attack.

• Animal Suggestions

Beitrag

I like the Auks thing - it's like a penguin. Frankly, I think the Dodo needs company in terms of semi-helpless flightless birds, so this is a nice fit. As for the others - the beaver thing looks cool. However, personally I'd rather see a Fox of some sort than a hybrid wolf-dog if I had to make a choie - I just dog foxes though, so that's on me The Tapir looks delicious!

• First Sabertooth Ambush!

GoreMaster - - General Discussion

Beitrag

Major milestone achieved! During a recent playtest, one of our 3d Artists (Pedro) was ambushed by a wild AI controlled Sabertooth and had his head ripped off in the process! We do a lot of our play tests with a variety of approaches to both exploring, fighting, hunting, and crafting, but this is the first time any of us has been ambushed to death by one of the animals. This happened at night and apparently it was quite the "jump scare". Be wary of your surroundings in Stone Rage, the animals wil…

• That's very possible as this is an Unreal 4 game. We'll be taking things like that one step at a time though. Can't mod an unreleased title!

• The major plan is definitely to make Stone Rage bigger, have more depth, more depth, and more depth over time. Stone Rage 2018 will be a better game than Stone Rage 2017 etc This means more game mechanics, more animals, better gameplay mechanics, more recipes, additional world areas to explore, you name it - we will ALWAYS want MORE. Stone Rage could be the greatest game in the world and we'd still be trying to figure out how to expand it and improve upon existing assets.

• Cannot confirm YET. I can only confirm what I demand. If Crocodiles don't happen, I will make them happen.

• Gigantopithecus

GoreMaster - - Progress Updates

Beitrag

Gorillas definitely CAN stand on 2 legs and lift quite a bit, I think it's more a matter of generalized repeated locomotion that is the issue. They are not 2-legged joggers by any means, more like power lifters. Their strength is insane in a way that's almost perplexing. A gorilla would likely rip a bear's head off if it came down to a fight. onekindplanet.org/top-10/strongest/

• Those are great suggestions and they fall more under the category of details which are just added incrementally rather than any kind of sea-change to the overall vision or mechanics. There's not really a self-imposed limit we have on realistic animal AI behavior - so all these ideas are very welcome. There are a lot of animal behavior elements that can and should be added on later. As it is the primary focus right now is making sure it's actually enjoyable to "hunt" the animals first and foremos…

• I should bring this up because this is something that was possible in a specific MMO many years ago when they briefly tried to allow players to play as animals alongside normal humanoids. If you play as an animal, other players will generally be able to spot you based on certain non-AI behaviors you exhibit. This will generally include the following: - Looking around in one place rather than placidly focusing on where you're trodding to - Sprinting for no reason - Attacking other animals of the …

• Gigantopithecus

Beitrag

Zitat von inakidrago: „Have you planned how it will behave? “ There's a 99.999% chance that it will bludgeon people so hard that their bodies burst apart like a balloon.

• Animal Suggestions

Beitrag

@TheMightSaurus Zitat von ThemightySurus: „I'd suggest megatherium and glyptodon “ I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of both these creatures in the game. However, your other suggestion of "The Aurochs" is interesting and worth taking a note of!

• Soundtracks for stone rage

Beitrag

Stone Rage actually has a really comprehensive sound track already with a lot of songs. We've had them for ages, and they're custom to Stone Rage so there aren't any licensing issues. They're also REALLY good. Trust me on this one. We kinda lucked out getting such good music, but we have it in abundance. In fact, our entire audio selection in general is crazy strong both in music and game SFX. It's one area of the game that is just impeccable. I'm pretty picky myself so finding such good music f…

• Dismemberment!

Beitrag

PS: Added disembowelment too. I know all you Kelenken (Terror Bird) users will enjoy this detail!

• Dismemberment!

Beitrag

Full dismemberment for all humanoids is nearing completion. That's correct, you will be able to chomp off a Neanderthal leg with a Sabertooth. No videos or images to share YET, but just wanted to let you all know what's coming soon!

• I love this environment at the end. I wouldn't be opposed to having a region of the world very similar to that...

• Game's accuracy

GoreMaster - - Q & A

Beitrag

Well yes, the general idea that they still exist is kind of ridiculous and I totally admit that, but it is a fun "what if". However some of the larger questions about Entelodonts just remain unanswered. As they were essentially something like a mix between a Boar and a Hippo and maybe a Buffalo...but with the teeth of predatory wolves....what happened? There was no disaster to wipe them out. Did something else just slowly evolve into a better predator for the same prey? Did wolves and boars and …

• Game's accuracy

GoreMaster - - Q & A

Beitrag

I think a lot of the real historical licensing we're taking is in the "gray areas" of prehistory-post-dino-killing-cataclysm where there simply is no concrete visual evidence of what things truly looked like. Did the Entelodont die off 25 million years ago or did it simply evolve into something else? I don't think anyone is going to ask the same questions in regards to a Stegosaurus or any other creatures that were clearly beyond just extinct after the cataclysm 65 million years ago. I'm not try…